What does cleaning service cost?
Four years ago we opened our cleaning kit to the Truckee Meadows market. We have found that one of the largest challenges in this industry is competing against folks that “low ball” their potential clients. Generally these businesses operate on the fringes of integrity, hire folks that are illegally in the US (and knowingly do so), don’t have the proper insurance coverage to protect themselves nor their clients, and are certainly not conducting a thorough back-ground check of the folks they hire. So as they say…buyer beware.
Lowest cost provider can mean:
- No insurance or inadequate insurance –
- No workers compensation insurance may put you at ask risk for injuries occurring on your property
- No General Liability insurance: if your facility were damaged due to negligence you will be responsible for the costs
- Easiest way to determine is to ask for an insurance certificate direct from the insurance company
- Under paid employees which almost always equates to inferior quality cleaning and more of your time managing the facility cleanliness. You are hiring a cleaning service so that you don’t have to concern yourself with the day-to-day cleanliness of your facility.
- High turnover rate with cleaning service employees in your facility as a result of low pay. This creates:
- Constant training issues
- Potential integrity issues
- Ultimately time away from your core responsibilities to manage cleaning
- Poor hiring processes:
- Unknown backgrounds – potential unknown criminal background
- Possible drug/alcohol dependency issues
- Illegal immigrants due to business not using e-verify to verify employment status and documents provided
- Having illegal workers in your business can lead to potential legal issues as well as theft issues
- Companies that conduct business in this fashion likely aren’t paying taxes, aren’t licensed properly, and likely aren’t bonded.
What does cleaning service cost? Potentially more than you are willing to pay. Conducting business with the lowest cost bidder can mean one or all the above. More importantly it could lead to unnecessary challenges for your business. Quality never comes in the cheapest wrapping so If you want to hire one cleaning company and be assured that the job will get done and allow you to focus on more important business concerns hiring the lowest price service will lead down a path towards re-bidding at the least and perhaps larger concerns and costs at the worst.
Doing business with integrity costs money…it requires proper hiring processes, it requires proper licenses, it requires proper insurance, it requires paying associates an adequate wage, it requires treating those employees with respect and training them effectively, it requires that those employees be legal, and it requires that when a short cut presents itself you are dealing with a service provider that will do the right thing vs. the expedient thing.
Dream2clean lives by one principle: Integrity and we prefer to do business with those that live by that same principle.